Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Blog#3

I think the issue of safety and security will continue to explode. As we move further into the age of technology, I believe this is a topic that should and will be explored.

I don't personally understand the security at my job. We are restricted from certain sites and allowed on others. For example I can access my FB account with no problem, but cannot access our class wiki. To me this doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I think that in order for educators and employees to follow rules, there must be CLEAR guidelines. What is it that I am prohibited from doing?

I do think it is up to an individual if in doubt to find out! We must stay informed of what is acceptable and therefore adhere to this.
I will personally be sure to be mindful of my personal posts online, and in particular to those I am associated with. It is almost more important to be careful of associates and what they might put out there as they may not censor things the way that I would.

I do take issue with some of the cases oiut there when an educator is on his/her personal time. What is it that makes personal time different than that of work time then? Should educators not be allowed to express what they do in their spare time? Surely there are some things that are over the top, but how is this determined? Must educators be on their 'best behavior' in and out of the question? Again, I think this goes back to strict guidelines that can be followed.

1 comment:

  1. It's a lot to think about but I do think we need to be cautious. You never get another chance to make a first impression of yourself. If your facebook page is the first impression (photos)....that could really hurt your reputation.

    ReplyDelete