Monday, December 14, 2009

Blog#4 Planning and Implementation

As this course comes to a close, I find myself wishing we had more time..... I started this class with nothing more than a knowledge of Facebook. I had of course heard of Blogging, and Twitter, but never ventured to join in! I was initially overwhelmed at my lack of knowledge, but also at the idea of how I personally would use some of these Web 2.0 tools. I simply couldn't see how these tools would apply to my job or my personal life.
I now take a different position. I understand that I have a ton to learn, a ton to explore, but I am thirsty to learn more! The few tools we have used in class no longer seem like 'techy' tools, but instead seem like tools that someone like me can use.

I found the presentation of the tools to be not only helpful, but eye opening to the many possibilities out there! I have told friends that like to read about Shelfari, friends with kids about Googlelit, and co-workers about Blogging, Wikispaces and Nota. I was so thrilled to find a tool that I personally discovered, and its many uses. I have currently shown 3 co-workers this tool and have them now signed up as members! Needless to say, that feels good!

I plan to continue growing in my knowledge of Web 2.0 tools, and sharing my knowledge with whoever will listen. My current role will be changing soon, and I want to be as knowlegable as possible in order to make some of these tools work for myself and the department. If presented with resistence I will simply continue to promote in hopes that my co-workers will keep come on board and see the possibilities!

I know longer think I am on the outside looking in, but instead think I too am cruising the information highway. The amount of resources out there in Web 2.0 seem endless, and I am glad I have jumped on board!

4 comments:

  1. Quina
    I would also like to continue having some guidance in continuing the exploration of web 2.0 possibilites, the learnig curve was certainly accelerated by the experience of Megan. If you are interested in hearing some more discussion on these technologies you can go to another podcast on the PSU iTunes site titlteled "Disruptive Technologies" it is a 597c class where the topic is social networking technologies and their impact on educational processes.http://deimos3.apple.com/WebObjects/Core.woa/Browse/psu.edu.1480639036

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay
    Thank you so much for the suggestion! I will be sure to take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Twitter network keeps me going with the social networking. Everyday, I learn something new from the posts of others. You just have to be sure you're following the right person for you! Do the people that you posted (professional bloggers) comments to have Twitter accounts listed on their blogs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying to find something that could be incorporated into the corporate world was challenging, but I hope your ideas will be used at some point! This class was overwhelming, but like you I have learned so much. I feel like I can now sit at the computer and actually use a lot of tools, instead of just sitting there reading gossip and playing on facebook. :-) Good luck with implementing your tool into your workplace!

    ReplyDelete